5 Reasons Why You Should Watch Gehraiyaan?
(As a neutral viewer, movie enthusiastic, and writer, I shared some reasons why I liked Gehraiyaan. The article reflects a little glimpse of the movie and doesn’t contain any spoilers. Must read.)
How many times we have watched toxic Bollywood movies where they have glorified cheating. They have shown Indian audiences that cheating on your partner in a relationship is fun and okay. However, now the audience has become mature and knows what content they deserve. Therefore, when the trailer of the movie launched, there were speculations that this movie will glorify something as serious as Infidelity. So, is the Gehraiyaan movie bad and glorify cheating? Read more in this article.
- It does not glorify cheating: If you have not yet watched the movie and have just seen the trailer, you will get the notion about the story. However, it doesn’t show cheating in a good light. In fact, one thing you will take from this movie is a lesson to stay away from cheating. The scenario would have been different if both the person who are cheating, have had a happily ever after.
- Deepika Padukone’s performance: Deepika did a fantastic job in this one. The way she portrays Alisha, you actually dislike her. Also, you will understand how childhood trauma can affect your entire life and create anxiety. This role of hers is bold and outstanding.
- Music: Getting unique songs with beautiful compositions from Bollywood these days is rare. This movie’s album falls into that “rare” category. You may not like this movie or have mixed opinions, but its album is classy. They truly are the breath of fresh air.
- Climax: Watch Gehraiyaan only because of the climax! Its ending is jaw-dropping and will make you think about the reality of life. Another lesson this movie will teach you is that your unresolved issues of the past will always follow you.
- Lead actors can be flawed: Have you ever thought about how in most Bollywood movies, the lead actors are portrayed “too good”? Even if they did something wrong, makers cover them for petty reasons, because after all, they are lead actors of the movie. When you watch Gehraiyaan, you will comprehend that lead actors can be portrayed as flawed.
Besides these five reasons, Gehraiyaan is somewhat flawed as well. However, in my opinion, the movie is worth watching. Also, as lead actors claimed that it has something new to offer to Indian audiences, it is not the case. Let me know what you think of this movie and whether you also have similar thoughts as I have reflected. Do you think this movie glorified cheating?